Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Time Out Spot


Oh, I have enjoyed my day off today. I'm still not well ... but feeling a little more coherent tonight. This is not a nice virus and we are all so grumpy, it is funny ...

But ... here is my new time out spot, isn't it lovely??



From here I have a lovely view of the garden from several angles. Lorna, it is right where we were sitting, in the driveway. I would rather the back yard, but as you know, there is precious little space for anything other than two feet and a plant back there. Besides, Bill would probably hang something off my arm ...

Where I look to the left ...

To the right ...

So tonight I decide to sit out on my little swing with a blankie and a pillow and read a book. What an unusual thing for me to do and I enjoyed it more than I can tell you. I guess this answers my previous question ... why? What now?? ... If I don't take my Sabbath Rest, the Lord will make sure I do.

*sigh*



It has been sooooo nice.

Oh, and the book? Look Good, Feel Great by Joyce Meyer. I love it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognise that spot :) and loved it too. Glad you have been (at last!) able to enjoy the God-imposed rest. He IS good to his children, we just don't always recognise it do we? (grin).

PS I wrote about NOT finding rest - or not recognising it - or something today. So I needed to read this -and thank you -and Him - for it.

PS laughed at the 'something hanging on your arm' picture ... I don't (quite) think he would - at least knowingly ...

be blessed ALL of you :)

Carolyn said...

PS laughed at the 'something hanging on your arm' picture ... I don't (quite) think he would - at least knowingly ...
Oh, I'm not so sure about that these days, Lorna, we are all pretty grumpy with this added virus going around the house. It's not nice.

I'm off again today. I was going to meet my regular clients and went to the nail salon to have my nails filled first ... part way through I thought I was going to pass out. Ooopss, time to go back home to my time out spot, and my swing.

Talk to you later. hugs.

~pen~ said...

first of all, love your garden piccies (as always :)

second, you know i am not a huge joyce meyer fan, but i have to tell you - one day at the hospital when i was changing linens in an empty room and had five minutes to myself, i watched her show on it and the doctor she had on and was truly impressed -- it really made sense.

i may even go buy it (!!)

see-through faith said...

thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. It helped volumes. bless you!

Unknown said...

Carolyn your garden is so beautiful what lovely photos. I miss you oodles and gobbs .

Michele