Sunday, July 31, 2005

Oh how great is Thy goodness

Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Psalm 31:19

He is a great, good God. i often kid with my friends or my clients that i should be a pile of ashes for all the things i think, say and do that the Lord has not judged me on. oh sure, we always reap what we sow. i am so thankful that He gives me time to 'think on what i am thinking' and to repent. if we were judged immediately, well ... as i say all the time ... i would be a pile of ashes from the lightening bolt.

but He is good.

He convicts
He waits
He listens
He forgives.

what a good God we serve.

6 comments:

~pen~ said...

and this quote of yours, good lady, made my side bar :)

peace & love,
pen

wellis68 said...

awesome post. God is good!

Carolyn said...

eoooooooo ... the penster put me on her sidebar! thanks, dear one. love you too.

truly i feel like i'm crawling out of a cave. i don't like this at all!

wes, thanks for dropping by! i'm working on a series, maybe a seminar, on the fear of the Lord. something we need in the church today.

stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Carolyn, thanks so much for your sweet, sweet comment on the latest post in my blog.

You are truly a dear!

I'm so glad that things are moving right along with you and yours.

How awesome!

Apostle John said...

I like this post -- really speaks to me tonight.

Carolyn said...

i'm glad, dear brother. He is a good, good God.