Monday, January 11, 2010

Robert is now married.


He met Amanda in December of 2008 and by the end of January she was pregnant. He was delighted - he has always wanted a family.

You can imagine my surprise?

I like Amanda. She is a very pretty girl, as you will see. She has had her share of difficult times in her life, I believe they brought her and Robert together. But good looks isn't all that life is about - I've learned that lesson very well - but that's another post for another day.

They were married in Cuba at a resort my best friend and I go to often. Out of all the "stuff" that has happened in the last few years, Darlene (and her family) has been a bright spot. She took on the job of my scheduling and is amazing at it. Because of that, we both need a break regularly from the stress of psychotherapy private practice. Our trips to Cuba to rest and "debrief" have kept me sane for the most part.

We shared our resort with them, and Sirenis La Salina in Varadero put on a fantastic wedding ...





I had the honour of leading the ceremony - there is nothing sweeter than being that close to such a special time in their lives.









In typical Robert style - with all his tough exterior, he cried through the whole ceremony. <3

No comments: